Horizon Performance Technologies LLC is an OEM engaged in the design and manufacturing of industrial capital equipment in the heat processing industry including ovens, washers, and material handling. Horizon Performance Technologies LLC is currently seeking a Full-time Electrical Engineer.
Qualified candidates for this position must possess the skills to design electrical control systems, gas, pneumatic, hydraulic, and steam piping layouts for industrial ovens. This list of responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Research, develop, and design electrical control systems, gas, pneumatic, hydraulic, and steam piping layouts, meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost constraints.
- Research, develop, design, program, and debug PLCís (program logic controls), operator interfaces, communication devices, and frequency drives.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements.
- Work with customers and vendors on equipment design.
- Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for quality.
- Develop and maintain design layouts in the computerized system.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Evaluate and select components and parts for products.
- Initiate advance orders.
- Develop working relationships with Mechanical Engineering and with other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Act as a technical resource for sales personnel, service technicians, quality assurance technicians, and for product field support of customers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
- Travel to customer sites.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Employ safe work practices and PPE.
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- AutoCAD Electrical.
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Skilled using spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Capability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Bachelorís Degree in Electrical Engineering and three to five years of related experience.
Horizon Performance Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salary as well as comprehensive, flexible employee benefits. If you meet the qualifications above, please email your resume and salary expectations.
orEmail Your Resume